Friday 12 October 2012

Week 2: Reflections

Web Skills Course is cruising on its course smoothly.  Two months ago I did a curriculum development project. My teacher was not happy with the format of my objectives.He repeatedly asked me to rephrase my objectives.At that time I didn't know there was an ABCD Model of objective writing. I wish I had known.

This is what I have learnt in the 2nd week of Web Skills Course.
Blogger is another addition to my list of CALL Tools. I have some experience of using Posterous Spaces as a blogging platform.
Highly encouraging and pleasantly surprising for me is the culture of responding to emails as early as possible. My honourable Professor always responds promptly.
All the coursemates are cooperative.They respect one another and give tips regarding various segments of the course.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Rustam,

    I love the point you make about responding to emails promptly. It is one of the first things I have taught myself - to respond to emails within 24 hours. If not in an elaborate way, then at least to acknowledge the fact I have seen the email and that I will respond in more details later. As a student I hated the fact I could not contact my teachers. Now I want to spare my students the agony of waiting for any information whatsoever.

    Furthermore, just like you, I am always very pleased to see that people have adopted some basic standards and norms regarding communication in general, written correspondence in particular. If we are to teach our students to use web tools to learn with and from, we probably have to make sure they know how to communicate their message correctly. I guess that apart from presupposing digital literacy, almost all web 2.0 tools depend on writing correctly in one way or the other.

    I am looking forward to some more ideas regarding CALL and webskills.

    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rustam

    I do agree with Jasmina, You have such a great experience in applying Web tool course as your media to share everything. I don't have experience about it in course, but some of my friends have it. It seems there is a kind of positive and negative effect within it. Based on my friends' experiences, it can be inferred that they don't have enough time to respond the emails promptly. It means that they have to learn set of questions given by the Professor before responding it or be a cooperative people. If we don't have any skill about it, we are going to lose subsequent. In the other hand, It is a hard work to respond it promptly.

    I have it now, It is the first time for me to join the class through web. Of course, It is hard for me because I have not it yet. It must be in time before loosing other one.

    I am looking forward to share other information

    Best

    Muhamad Suhaili

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rustam,

    I must say that your suggestions and active participation in class is usually very beneficial to me. About setting objectives , i was also in the same position as you. I couldn't understand how the objectives I set were not measurable. Thanks to the A-B-C-D Model now I am a step ahead.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete